We are always welcoming new members to our club. If you are interested in joining, feel free to talk to any of the members.
Our monthly dues are $CAD 35.00 with a $20.00 sign-up fee. Membership dues are required to be paid in six- or twelve-month increments. All new members have a six-month probationary period before they are able to run their own equipment on the layout (this is so they can learn the club’s traditions and policies first).
What does the WMRC offer Me?:
The Windsor Modular Railroad Club offers it’s members the opportunity to acquire the knowledge and skills from other fellow model railroaders in becoming a successful model railroader yourself. Moreover, the WMRC offers you the opportunity to develop numerous friendships amongst the current and many new model railroaders in Windsor and Essex County.
How to join:
We invite anyone interested in joining the WMRC to come out to one of our meetings on any Tuesday night from 6pm till 9pm or Saturday from 11am till 3pm.
You can sign up to join the WMRC at any of our meetings.
If you have any further questions, feel free to E-mail us, or just come out to one of our meetings.
- is open to all residents of Windsor and Essex County (and even Chatham-Kent, if you’re fine with driving the distance!)
- no person shall be refused on the basis of race, colour, creed, sex or age.
- members under the age of 18 years, must be accompanied by an adult or guardian.
- requires that courtesy and respect be shown towards fellow model railroaders at all times.
- requires the member to fill out an Application Form and sign a Declaration Form agreeing to the Rules, Regulations and Standards established by the membership of the WMRC.
- requires a one time $20 initiation fee for all new club members.
- are to be set annually each September by membership vote.
- are payable by cash or cheque to the Treasurer.
- may every 6 months or yearly. Other payment arrangements can be discuss with the treasurer.
- a grace period of one month shall be provided for arrangement of payment of dues.
- if dues are not collected during the grace period, one’s membership shall cease with the WMRC, and the individual shall not be permitted to place their module into the system until dues are paid, unless alternate arrangements have been agreed upon by the Secretary / Treasurer.
- cover rent, materials for the new layout, storage space of the club owned modules, and materials for club owned modules (track, cork, switches, lumber etc.)
- Membership dues are currently 420.00 per year, payable on a semi-annual or annual basis.